Are you interested in starting a business in Abuja? If YES, then below are the top 20 profitable small business opportunities in Abuja, Nigeria.
Abuja is one of the best places to do business in Nigeria. Apart from the fact that it is one of the fastest growing cities in the country, it is one of the safest and most conducive cities for business. Abuja is the capital of Nigeria and houses most of the Federal government ministries and parastatals, embassies of various countries, multinational companies, and banks as well as other big and small businesses.
Abuja has a mix of residents made up of the working class, politicians, business people, expatriates and even students. This makes the city a very viable place where almost any business can grow and thrive. The challenge is that most people have no clue on the kind of businesses that they should do in Abuja.
The most important thing is to look around you and search for business opportunities that you can invest in because really, there are so many business opportunities in Abuja. Here are a few ideas for you:
Top 20 Lucrative Small Business Investment Opportunities in Abuja
1. Real Estate
With the growing population of Abuja, you cannot go wrong with real estate investment. A lot of people make money in Abuja by building houses and offering them up for rent.
Rent in Abuja is very expensive compared to most cities in Nigeria and within a few years, you will be able to re-coup your investment and make profit. If you do not have enough capital for real estate development, you can make money from becoming a real estate agent.
2. Interior Decoration
Interior decoration is also one of the trending businesses in Abuja. WHY? The reason is because hotels, residential buildings, offices and restaurants in Abuja hire interior decorators to design their buildings for them and make it look classy.
3. Data & Statistical Services
With the number of ministries and international organizations in Abuja, there is a great business opportunity for people who offer data and statistical services such as conducting researches, surveys and interviews.
4. Security installations & Services
Security is one of the threats that residents of Abuja face. Apart from the need for the ordinary citizens to protect their lives and properties from armed robbers and intruders, politicians in Abuja also spend a lot of money on security services and installations.
5. Car Hire Services -: You can start a car hire service to cater for people who visit Abuja for business and would prefer to have a car to themselves instead of taking a cab or public transport.
6. Private Tutor
As a private tutor, you can work either part-time or full-time. Your clients will be students or young pupils who want to get better at certain subjects in school. A lot of parents pay private tutors to come to their homes to teach their children after school and keep them busy while they are at work.
7. Car Tracking Services
Car theft is very common in Nigeria and the capital city is not left out of this ugly trend. Car tracking is a business that you can also make money from in Abuja especially if you are able to secure contracts with corporate clients or ministries and offer car tracking services for all their fleet of cars.
8. Cleaning Services
Commercial and residential cleaning is also a smart business idea if you are searching for a business with low start-up costs. You can make at least N50,000 a week if you are able to get a lot of clients to patronize your cleaning business.
9. Computer Sales, Installation & Repairs
Almost everyone has a computer, whether a desktop, laptop or tablet; and computers are prone to break-downs and damages sometimes. If you are tech-savvy and very good with computers, you can set up a computer repairs and installation businesses. You can even secure deals with companies to become their official computer engineer so that whenever there is a need for computer repair or maintenance, they call you to handle it.
10. Building Material Sales & Supplies-: With the level of real estate development going on in Abuja, selling building materials is also a very good business.
11. Spa & Beauty Services-: You can also start your own spa or beauty parlor where people can get a massage and relax after a very stressful time at work.
12. Become a Business Plan Writer
A lot of people are going into business these days and every business person knows the importance of writing a business plan before starting any business. You can start a business plan writing business for investors who want to borrow from the bank or other financial institutions.
13. Cooking Services -: If you are very good with cooking, you can become a personal chef or a party caterer. Caterers sometimes make up to 100% profit.
14. Foreign Language Teacher -: There are many expatriates in Abuja that wouldnâ€™t mind paying you to teach them some of the Nigerian languages to enhance better communication.
15. Public Relation Agency -: You can also start a public relations agency and serve as a spokesman or image maker for companies and even politicians.
16. Viewing Center or Sports Lounge
Viewing centers are no longer what it used to be in the past. Smart investors have found a way to spice things up and create a sports lounge where people can come and watch football matches and relax with their friends at the same time.
17. Politics (Adverts, Campaign Manager & Image Consultant)
With the election period just around the corner, this is just the right business to start. You can help politicians organize campaigns and rallies or even act as an image consultant to help boost the profile of political candidates.
18. CrÃ¨che / Daycare -: You can also start a crÃ¨che or child daycare center where parents can keep their children while they are at work.
19. Dry Cleaning
Dry cleaning services are one of the trending businesses in Nigeria right now. You can spice your own dry cleaning service a little bit by offering home/office pick-up and delivery services to your clients.
20. Bar or Restaurant
Conclusively, you can start your own restaurant or bar where people can hang out and have fun after a hard dayâ€™s job. Depending on how much capital you have to spare, you can also obtain a franchise of one of the foreign fast food chains.